Our commitment to your privacy
Summit respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. Summit is serious about protecting the privacy of your personal information whether when you visit our website, social media sites or contact us in any way.
What is personal information?
It is information about a living individual, as long as that individual can be identified.
Why do we collect personal information?
We gather various information about customers and users of our website. We collect personal information so that we can:
- Identify you and keep in contact with you
- Establish your requirements and provide products or services
- Set up and manage your products and services
- Assess and manage a claim, application or make any amendments on your behalf; and
- Understand your needs and improve processes and services through research, product development and training.
- Information collected by us through click-tracking in relation to your use of the website or social media sites, including the content you upload and the content you access; and
- aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the website; and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on our website).
What happens if you don’t give us your personal information?
If we ask for your personal information and you don’t give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with any, some or all of the product features or services available to you.
Security and storing your personal information.
Summit are committed to ensuring that your information is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have taken all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from any loss, unauthorized access or other misuse.
Disclosing your personal information
Summit at all times will respect and protect the privacy of your personal information. We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it. We will use and disclose your personal information for the related purposes where you would reasonably expect us to.
We may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
- Intermediaries such as Insurance companies which supply the information required for your adviser to research and make their recommendations, other New Zealand Financial Service Providers, our own authorised representatives, advisers and staff;
- Other insurers, financial institutions, insurance and claims reference agencies and investigative service providers;
- Policy holders, where you are an insured person, but not the policy holder;
- Any joint ventures where authorised or required;
- Information technology providers, such as cloud storage providers, hardware/software vendors and programmers;
- Legal, accounting, finance and other professional advisers;
- Hospitals, medical and health professionals;
- Administration or business management services;
- Data modelling and research services;
- External disputes resolution schemes; and
- Otherwise required by law.
Summit do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive when you use our website. Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to our customers’ needs. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if you do this it may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.Third party cookies and other technologies: we use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing purposes and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports or pages you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Summit when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our pages or promotions, and as a result we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Other information we collect
If you post on our site, on Twitter or Facebook or other social media site about us or your experience with us, we may collect that information for the purposes of improving our service and the end user experience.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages you post on our Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn pages in our articles or marketing material. If so, we will get your permission before copying or quoting your message or comment.
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time. Simply call, email or write to your Summit adviser, or alternatively you may call us on 09 307 7141 or 03 398 3804, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We do not endorse any third-party websites, or their content, and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organizations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
Updates to our information practices
If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we ask you contact Summit immediately via email@example.com or call us on 09 302 7141 or 03 398 3804. At Summit are committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any complaint you make about your privacy – or any other relevant matter that you are concerned about.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner’s Website http://www.privacy.org.nz