At Summit it is important to ensure clear and open lines of communication between us and our customers and are committed to treating any dissatisfaction seriously. Below outlines how Summit undertakes receiving, reviewing and seeking a resolution to any complaint in a timely manner.
What happens when you submit a complaint?
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 business days, and respond as follows:
- We will record the complaint and email you acknowledgement of the phone conversation.
- Acknowledgement by email.
- You can expect a written acknowledgement posted back to you within 5-10 working days upon our receipt of your letter.
- We will investigate your concerns. Where possible we will resolve your complaint at first contact. If we are unable to resolve your concerns in the first instance and depending on the complexity of the investigation, your complaint may be escalated internally for further review, and we will respond within 10 business days. We will keep you updated with progress, and should we need more time or additional information, we’ll agree a timeframe with you, until your complaint is resolved.
- We will do everything we can to resolve your complaint internally but, in some circumstances, this may not be possible. If you are dissatisfied with the final outcome or a resolution cannot be agreed, you can escalate your complaint to our external dispute resolution provider, Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL). FSCL is an independent party and there is no charge for you to use their service – please refer to their website for more details:
Financial Services Complaints Ltd (fscl.org.nz)